This course is available only to participants who have completed Novel in Nine.
This class is limited to 8 participants and will go live only if we have 6 participants.
Oct. 6 - Dec. 20
*There will be no class the week of Oct. 28 or the week of Nov. 25
- Each week, two participants will submit up to 5,000 words each for critique.
- In weekly recorded videos, I will provide feedback on the two submissions. These recorded videos will be available to all participants. I will also provide written feedback.
- In my feedback, I will strive to help you revise for scene development, character, point of view, dialogue, plot, voice, and style.
- Student submissions and feedback will be used to generate ongoing discussions of revision techniques.
- In addition to revising your own submissions, you will learn from critiquing peer work and from watching my feedback videos of peer work.
- Each participant is expected to provide thoughtful, constructive feedback on one submission per week. Your written critiques should be about 400-500 words each.
- We will have four live 1 1/2 hour classes (see dates below).
- Each participant will submit work twice, for a total of 10,000 words.
- The goal of the class is to learn and revise. Submissions will be strictly limited to 5,000 words each so that participants do not become overwhelmed with critiquing.
- Live classes will be held on Tuesdays at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time, 11:00 a.m ET. The dates of live classes are: Oct. 8, Nov. 5, Nov. 19, Dec. 10. All live classes will be recorded for playback.
What You Get
- Video feedback from Michelle on up to 10,000 words of your novel (about 40 manuscript pages), as well as written feedback from Michelle
- Written feedback from your peers on 10,000 words
- Ongoing discussion forum
- Four live classes (all recorded for playback), totaling 6 hours of live class