Work with a writing coach to begin or finish a novel or memoir, create manageable goals, and streamline your writing process.
You can finish your novel. You can find your writing rhythm. You can finish what you started, tell your story in a way that resonates with readers, and send your manuscript out into the world to find its true audience.
Maybe you think writing is supposed to be hard. Maybe you believe, somewhere deep down, that success is out of reach for you. Maybe you even think creativity and unhappiness are somehow two sides of the same coin.
I believe that writing can bring you happiness and fulfillment. It can even pay financial rewards.
If you’ve lost your writing joy, I can help you find it. If you’ve lost your inspiration, I can help you find that too. If you want to start or finish your novel or story collection, begin publishing essays, or just get unstuck, coaching can help you turn the corner.
Is what you’re doing really working? If not, it’s time for a change.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution to writing success. When you work with me as your writing coach, I’ll listen first, because I believe that asking meaningful questions and truly listening to your answers is the only way to understand the challenges you face as a writer. Once we’ve identified what’s holding you back, or what habits or assumptions are keeping you from living your most productive writing life, I’ll help you to identify specific steps to achieve your writing and publishing goals.
My philosophy as a writing coach
My goal as your personal writing coach is to inspire you and to get you past whatever obstacles are keeping you from doing your best writing. I don’t believe in writer’s block, but I do believe in writer’s fatigue! I’ll help you move past the fatigue, the fear, and the procrastination, so that you can achieve success. What does writing success mean to you? Finishing that novel you started? Creating (and sticking to) a writing practice? Balancing your “day job” and family life with your dream of being a writer? Publishing your book? Becoming better at your craft? Whatever your goals, I’m here to help you reach them.
Through coaching, you’ll learn
- How to finish a project, and when to let go
- How to turn small writing steps into big writing successes
- How to balance your writing life with your personal and professional life
- How (and when) to approach agents and editors
- How to handle rejection without losing your steam
- How to choose the best publishing model for your project
Why choose me as your coach?
Because I have
- A proven track record as a writer, teacher, and editor
- More than a decade of experience mentoring graduate students
- A wide range of experience in writing and publishing.
- Understanding and compassion. My breakthrough novel happened after I became a mom, while I was struggling to pay my mortgage in an expensive city, without adequate child care. I know how hard it is to integrate your writing life with your family life and your “day job.” In short, I can help you because I’ve been there, and I understand the challenges you face.
Sign up now to hire me as your personal writing coach!
Michelle Richmond is the New York Times bestselling author of six novels and two award-winning story collections. Her books have been published in 30 languages. She has taught in the Masters of Fine Arts programs in creative writing at the University of San Francisco and California College of the Arts and has served as Distinguished Visiting Writer at St. Mary's College of Moraga, Bowling Green State University, and Notre Dame de Namur University. She has also designed and taught novel writing courses online for Stanford Continuing Studies. She is the founder and publisher of Fiction Attic Press.